Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Virginia is for Lovers (of History)


I spent the last two weeks in Virginia for work - I was able to break away on one rainy evening to head over to Colonial National Historical Park . I had about an hour, so I enjoyed one of the guided drives - it was raining lightly so I didn't do much exploring outside the car. There is so much to do in the area that I didn't have the chance to take advantage of.

Langley, AFB would be the prefect jumping off point. NASA Langley has a visitors center in downtown Hampton. The Virginia Air & Space Center houses exhibits from both the base and Langley. Colonial Williamsburg and Historic Jamestown are both about 45 min from Langley - or if you have two hours you can drive around the whole colonial highway which links Colonial National Park with Williamsburg and Jamestown. There are lots of little pull-offs and planned stops. There is a Bush-Gardens just up the road too in case you've had enough "living history."

Hopefully the next time I am in Virginia I will have more time to spare. Until then enjoy the pictures of the very green Commonwealth of Virginia!







No comments:

Post a Comment